Having a great alarm clock that wakes up a heavy sleeper is the best way to get up in the morning. Some alarm clocks are too quiet to be heard while others simply do not wake a heavy sleeper. If you have trouble waking up in the morning, then in this guide, we are going to help you find the best option to get your day started.
Sonic Bomb Extra Loud Alarm Clock – Best Alarm for Pulsing You Awake
The first alarm clock that we are going to look at is one that is specially designed to wake you up even if you are the heaviest sleeper. There is a bed shaker that you can simply put under your pillow that will not wake others as well.
The snooze button on the alarm is also the dimmer switch, which adjusts the light when you are turning off the alarm.
The alarm is easily adjusted to any volume or tone of your choice. The LED of the clock can be adjusted to any dimness that you prefer as well.
- It has a very loud alarm
- The LED lights are bright and effective
- The snooze button and the dimmer are the same button
This is a great option for anyone who needs to wake up early without waking up others.
Travelwey Digital Alarm Clock – Best Alarm with a Light
Setting the clock can be annoying because you can only go forward while doing so. This means that an alarm on the weekend that is set for 8 am will need to go around 22 hours to reach an alarm for 6 am.
The alarm is capable of functioning on batteries alone, and if the power goes out overnight, the alarm will still wake you.
- It has a very loud alarm.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- It works well without power.
- The case feels cheaply made.
- The alarm is difficult to set at times.
This is a great option for anyone who is on a budget. It works well, and it does not cost a fortune.
Peakeep Twin Bell Alarm Clock – Best Alarm with a Backlight Display
Snoozing this alarm is not an easy task, so instead of snoozing, you may just throw it out.
When it comes to seeing this light in the dark, the backlighting makes it very visible and easy to see at night.
- The alarm is quite loud.
- It has a nice vintage look.
- The clock is not made well, so it is not sturdy.
- It’s difficult to set the time on the clock.
This is a very good alarm system for a teen or a young adult to have. It will wake you up, but it may not give you the relaxation that you want.
hOmeLabs Sunrise Alarm Clock – Best Alarm with Sunset Simulation
The clock display is way too bright even for a heavy sleeper. If you could dim the display a bit, then it would not be nearly as bad.
Nature sounds and the radio are available on this alarm for your listening pleasure as you go to sleep.
- Light will wake you up slowly before the alarm goes off.
- The nature sounds that come with the alarm sounds
- The lights on the alarm are fairly bright.
This is a great alarm clock that is designed to help make your mornings a little easier to manage.
Mesqool Loud Vibrating Alarm Clock – Best Alarm with USB Charging Ports
The bed shaker and the alarm do not seem to work well simultaneously.
The night light function on the top of the clock can be set to seven different color options. There is even a USB option on the back of the alarm that will charge your phone.
- The light is a very colorful display that will light up your room.
- The USBs are very convenient.
- The alarm and the bed shaker do not work at the same time.
This alarm will wake you up if you only need one form of help waking up in the morning.
PPLEE Digital LED Alarm – Best Alarm with a Brightness Dimmer
This alarm is not quite loud enough for a very heavy sleeper. It can be adjusted but some will not find it sufficient to use.
If you prefer a clock with a bit of color, then this light has seven different color options that you can choose from for the light on top of the alarm.
- The LED lights are quite bright.
- The alarm makes it easy to charge your phone.
- The alarm is not that loud.
This is a great alarm for a semi-heavy sleeper, but it may not be quite loud enough for a very heavy sleeper.
Mesqool Projection Alarm Clock – Best Projection Alarm Clock
The LED color of the display is very bright, especially if you display it on the ceiling. Red may be the better alternative while in use.
This alarm also has a projector that will beam the time onto the wall or the ceiling so that you can see it when you wake up with ease.
- Both the vocal alarm and the vibrator work great.
- The clock display is very clear, and it can be reversed.
- The LED is very bright, making it difficult to sleep.
For any heavy sleeper who needs a bit of help waking up, this alarm clock has it all.
Homtime Loud Alarm Clock – Best Alarm with Music Stream
This is an alarm system that is designed to work with iOS, which means that your phone or iPad can be charged using the ports on the back. When they are plugged in, the time will be automatically synced.
The alarm clock is a bit on the smaller side, and so many elderly individuals do not like the way it looks in their room.
The display is a 3.2-inch screen that can easily be seen from a distance. It is also very easy to read at any time of night.
- This clock is easy to set up.
- It will wake you up becaue it is so loud
- This is a very loud alarm clock that cannot be easily controlled.
- The cord for the clock charger is short.
This is a very small alarm that is capable of waking up any heavy sleeper. However, it will not wake everyone.
LieLonGren Digital Alarm Clock – Best Alarm with a Bed Shaker
The alarm is designed to use military time, so if you want to set the clock for a 12-hour display, this may not be suitable for you.
The alarm is designed with two separate wake up option that you can set separately. The snooze can be set for one minute or 60, but it is up to you to set the alarm to when you actually need to wake up.
- The USB plugs can be nice for charging your phone.
- It is easy to read the display at night.
- Getting used to the time settings can be difficult.
- You cannot adjust the vibration intensity.
This is a great option for a heavy sleeper that needs to wake up in a hurry in the mornings.
Peakeep Silent Alarm Clock – Best Alarm Clock for Adjustability
The glow in the dark hands on the face of the clock does not do much for the display at night.
There are seven different alarm melodies that you can choose from for this alarm. Each one can be adjusted to fit your needs so that you wake up can be able to wake up on time.
- There are six sound options that you can choose for an alarm.
- The controls for adjusting the alarm are right on the front of the clock.
- The hand can be difficult to see in the dark.
This is a simple clock that is designed to wake up a heavy sleeper without issues. It is difficult to read in the dark, but if you are sleeping, that should not be an issue to consider.
If you are a heavy sleeper, what do you look for in an alarm? Well, there are a few factors that will make the alarm sing to you like the design of the clock and how well it looks in your room. But the main reason for getting this type of alarm is that it wakes you up, and so if it does not, you need something new. When looking for a new alarm, it is important to consider these four things:
- The Level of the Alarm – If you have trouble waking up in the morning, having an alarm that is very loud is the only thing that may help you wake up with ease. Some of the alarms that we have featured have several different volume options that you can consider to use, but you will need to customize the sound so that it works perfectly for your needs.
- The Brightness of the LED – An LED alarm clock makes it very simple to read the alarm in the middle of the night when you wake up. Dimmable alarms are great so that you are not disturbed while you are trying to get to sleep.
- How Easy it is to Use – Most alarms are easy to use, but some have a lot of buttons that you will need to control. Make sure that the alarm is easy to turn off and that it can switch time modes with ease.
- The Options that are Available to You – If you are a heavy sleeper, having an alarm that has multiple sound options that you can use may be a great way to get you up in the morning. You are going to need to have other options other than sound to wake you up. This can include a bed shaker or a reason to make you get out of bed.
If you are looking for an alarm clock that can wake up a heavy sleeper, then the list above will work greatly for your needs. It could use sound, movement, or something else that gets you out of bed quickly, but it is going to be something that helps you start up your day, so it needs to be effective. All of the products listed above are great options, do your own research to find the best one for your needs.